Columbine, Virginia Tech, Aurora, CO. theater, Newtown, Connecticut, Charleston, SC, Chattanooga, TN, the Lafayette, LA theater and now Roseburg, OR. All sites of mass shootings in the United States during the last eight years, and all occurred in so-called gun free zones. Universities, schools, malls, churches, theaters, military recruiting centers and bases are mostly gun free zones either designated as such by the federal, state or local governments, or the institutions themselves.

          They are in fact death traps where virtual targets are painted on the backs of the students, shoppers, movie goers, church attendees, and even military personnel. If you are a terrorist, or just a nut case looking to make a name for yourself, your plan is to go somewhere and kill as many people as possible before the police arrive and can shoot back. That is the way all of these mass shootings have worked. They are usually carefully planned in advance and gun free zones are chosen because no civilians in the zones will have firearms. It is like shooting fish in a barrel.

          The massacre at Umpqua College in Oregon not technically in a gun free zone since concealed carry was allowed, but the only person on the campus who had a firearm was a U.S. Army veteran who tried to leave the campus veteran center and intervene when the first shots were being fired. However, he was blocked from doing so by campus officials. This is a prime example of the gun free zone mentality on the campus and was confirmed by the fact that the only security guard on the campus was not allowed to be armed.

          The shooting has caused the usual leftist knee jerk reactions with Obama demanding gun control and Hilary coming out with a draconian plan that would include allowing victims of firearm violence to sue gun manufacturers. It is designed to force manufacturers out of business and disarm honest Americans through the back door. Apparently, the only criteria for successful suits would be that someone was killed by a firearm manufactured by a certain firm. Imagine that, a gun manufacturer could be force to pay damages to the family of a violent Chicago gang member who was shot by a rival gang member.

          Of course, none of the proposals from the left mention gun free zones. They stick to the false narrative that gun free zones will ultimately keep students and others safe from people like the Oregon shooter. When they are proven wrong they blame the guns, law abiding gun owners, and the NRA. They will also ignore the facts and come up with far-fetched narratives that are designed to support their agenda. For example, the Everytown for Gun Safety group, an anti-Second Amendment organization released a study that declared that only 14% of mass shootings in the U.S. occurred in gun free zones. The other 86% they claim occurred in non-gun free zones.

          They define mass shootings as an incident where at least four people are injured. Yet, they include shootings in private homes since they do not consider them gun free zones. How does that work in a home invasion situation when armed intruders enter a home where the homeowner does not own a gun and cannot defend a family that is shot down by the intruders? The group also includes cities like Chicago where private firearm ownership in severely curtailed, but criminals are heavily armed. However, since the police carry weapons the city is not classified as a gun free zone.

          The same criteria was probably applied to the shootings in Chattanooga, TN. Even though the recruiting center and reserve center were gun free zones this group would have claimed they were not since the police in the city were armed.                    This is the type of twisted thought that the left repeatedly uses to push for gun confiscation and the banning of gun ownership by honest American citizens.

          When the same data was reviewed by the Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) it determined that 92 % of the mass shootings between January 2009 and July 2014 did in fact occur in gun free zones. The main stream media widely praised the badly flawed Everytown study despite the fact that it was basically a lie. That is what Obama and the left will do; lie to justify the destruction of the Constitution of the United States. We have to do everything we can to stop that from happening.

Go Back

The U.S.Congress is also at fault for not imoeaching the president for tramping the U.S.Constitution which he took an oath to defend against all enemies, foreign and doestic.